Stamped Brass Cover for the Copier Industry
The project highlighted here was stamped for an electronics manufacturer for use in the copier industry. As an industry leader in stamping processes at G&M Manufacturing, we are well equipped to manufacture this unique project. We utilized our 80 ton Johnson press to manufacture the 2.06" x .385" x .54" cover. This project was challenging due to the difficult rectangular draw in addition to the slot in the side of the cover. We stamped the slot in with a cam in the progressive die, saving additional steps. The cover was manufactured from C260 deep drawing quality brass with a thickness of .015". As required by the customer the cover was barrel nickel plated over copper flash. An optical comparator and calipers were used to produce our tightest tolerance of ±.003" as required for this project. We stamp 60,000 brass cover parts for our customer in the copier industry annually. This project highlights our ability to handle difficult draws in addition to combining operations for cost effectiveness.
Stamped Brass Cover Project Details
- Product Description
- Cover and shield for an electrical assembly that gets potted. Difficult rectangular draw in addition to a slot in the side of the part that is put in with a cam in the progressive die, saving an additional operation.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Progressive Drawn Stamping
- Barrel Nickel Plating
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 80 ton Press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 2.060" long 0.385" wide 0.540" deep
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.003"
- Material Used
- C260 Brass (Deep Drawing Quality)
- Thickness: 0.0150"
- Material Finish
- Barrel Nickel Plated
With Copper Flash
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Optical Comparator Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Copier Industry
- 60,000 Annually
- Delivery Location
- Southern, USA
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, CAD Drawing
- Product Name