Stainless Steel Stamping of a Switch Contact for the Medical Industry
A customer in the medical industry needed a contact part to use as a contact for glucose meters. At G&M Manufacturing we excel in stamping processes and finishes specialized for the medical industry. The contact is composed of 301 full hard temper stainless steel with a thickness of .005". We utilized our 60 ton Bruderer high speed straight side press to manufacture the .4" diameter frame that was 2" in length. The frame was finished with reeled gold stripe over nickel plating. The part is then stamped a second time to form and singulate into groups. To ensure our ±.001" tolerances we conducted micrometer, optical comparator, and OGB vision system inspection. We manufacture 400,000 parts annually for this insert molding customer. At G&M Manufacturing we work with the customer and their specifications, this project is just one example of our capabilities to service the medical industry.
To learn more about this project or the processes used to manufacture it, see the table below or contact us directly.
Stainless Steel Stamping of a Switch Contact Project Details
- Product Description
- This product is used as a contact for glucose meters.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Progressive Stamping to Form and Singulate
- Reeled Gold Stripe Plating
- Nickel Plating
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 60 ton Bruderer high speed straight side press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- .400" diameter 2.000" long
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.001"
- Material Used
- 301 Stainless Steel (full hard temper)
- Thickness: 0.0050"
- Material Finish
- Reeled Gold Stripe Plate over Nickel Plate
- In process testing/inspection performed
OGP Vision System
- Industry for Use
- Medical Industry
- 400,000 Annually
- Delivery Location
- Midwest, USA
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Switch Contact